- Project：DOIT Program
- Category：Chassis steering technology
- Technique Features：
The Electronic Braking System(EBS) consists of an Electronic Control Unit (ECU) and a Hydraulic Control Unit(HCU). This Project develops a control unit for EBS. It contains multiple braking control program such as Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-Force Distribution(EBD) and Traction Control System(TCS). These systems mentioned above receives the signals from the wheel speed sensors and the vehicle dynamic information from CAN bus to decide the control sequence of the HCU. The HCU control sequences include holding, releasing, pressurizing and it further prevents the wheel from being locked or tire slip.
1. Input voltage range: 9 ~16V
2. Temperature range for operation: -40 ~ 125°C
3. Braking distance fits the branch 43-2, Standard of Vehicle Safety Testing Direction
4. The wheels should rotate again in 1 sec transiting from high to low friction coefficient road surface
5. The braking force should reach 70% of its maximum value in 1 sec after transiting from high to low friction road surface
6. Deceleration when No(Full) loading : ≥ 0.85g*u, u stands for friction coefficient of road
7. Split-u start-up yaw rate limitation : ≤ 20°/sec
This system can be applied in motorcycles, automobiles with power sources such as Internal Combustion Engine and Electric Motor which use hydraulic braking mechanisms.
This system provides the technique of Electronic Braking System(EBS) development and the capability of system integration for domestic component manufacturers. It benefits to the developers on the understanding of system integration, development of Electronic Control Units, system control logic design, parameter tuning, etc.