Electric power steering is a power steering system directly assisted by an electric motor. Sensors detect the torque on the steering wheel and the vehicle speed, and an electronic control unit receives the signals to provide variable steering assistance. ARTC's Pinion-EPS integrates the motor, the reduction gear, and the torque sensor with the rack-and-pinion steering gear as a module. It can be easily applied to different vehicles. Moreover, the reduction gear is comprised of planetary gearing to provide higher efficiency.
▪ Integrate electric motor drive and torque control with steering mechanism design.
▪ Basic assistance, damp, return, inertia and impact compensation control logics
▪ Space vector pulse-width-modulation control
▪ Embedded hardware design
▪ Steering mechanism design and analysis
▪ Rack force：≥5 kN
▪ Reduction gear：Planetary gearing
▪ Motor：12V, permanent magnetic synchronous motor
▪ Control Logic：Basic assistance, damp, return, inertia and impact compensation control