An electric power steering system is a power steering system directly assisted by an electric motor. Sensors detect the torque on the steering wheel and the vehicle speed, and an electronic control unit receives the signals to provide variable steering assistance. EPS has many advantages over traditional hydraulic power steering such as the engine efficiency, space deployment, and driving safety. Therefore, the increasing of market demand for EPS is obvious.
▪ Integrate electric motor drive and torque control with steering mechanism design.
▪ Basic assistance, damp, return, inertia and impact compensation control logics
▪ Space vector pulse-width-modulation control
▪ Embedded hardware design
▪ Steering mechanism design and analysis
▪ Rack force：≥5 kN
▪ Reduction gear：Worm and worm gear
▪ Motor：12V, permanent magnetic synchronous motor
▪ Control Logic：Basic assistance, damp, return, inertia and impact compensation control